As you start to amp up your training in preparation for the summer – amp up your fundraising as well! Here are some new, fun ideas for you to spring into fundraising!
St. Patty’s Day Fundraiser
Everyone loves St. Patty’s Day. So why not use the holiday to plan some creative fundraisers!
Host an event or table on campus and include some of these fun ideas: March FUNdraising Ideas.
Get Outside – Tournament Fundraiser!
Enjoy the nice weather while spreading the word about your upcoming 4K adventure! Plan a kickball or Wiffle ball tournament. Teams or individuals can sign up by paying a participant fee (for example — $5 for individuals and $20 per team of 5), which will go directly to your fundraiser!
Create a Facebook event with the details and contact information for them to sign up. You can make a bracket to have all of your teams compete for a prize (or just bragging rights!). Encourage them to get creative with a team name, team jersey, etc.
You can even add a barbecue, with a suggested donation per food item (hot dogs, hamburgers, etc.) for another way to fundraise a bit extra.
March Madness Tourney (March 19 – April 8)
There are two ways to hold this tourney. You can either follow the steps below to do it on your own, or there are plenty of sites out there that can do it for ya!
- Google image “Blank March Madness Bracket”
- Reach out to all of your friends, family members, coworkers, neighbors, acquaintances and let them know that you’re doing a March Madness tourney!
- Once the brackets are finalized have each of your participants print out their bracket and make their picks — make sure they send you a copy as well. You can have blank brackets ready in advance for when you meet up with someone.
- Choosing your bracket can take 2 minutes or for some can take an hour. It can be helpful to set up a table somewhere with a designated time that you’ll be collecting brackets. Make sure they list their email, name, and phone number!
- Have each person pay a donation entry fee ($1, $2, $5, or more!) and decide your prize (cooking dinner for them, taking them out to dinner, get gift cards donated, t-shirts)
- Scoring system: each correctly picked team receives 1 point in round one, 2 in round two, 4 in round three, 8 in round four, 16 in round five, 32 in round six
- At the end of the tournament tally up the total number of points and let everyone know your winner!
When someone donates to your 4K fundraising, offer to dedicate a training ride or run to them or their loved one. Share a video and photo of you biking or running with the name written on your leg, arm, or hand.
Be sure to tag them on Facebook with a video or photo of you training! Add a comment about the person or how the training went, and include your fundraising link.
Host a Bake Off – Bake Sale
Host a bake off! Participants pay a fee to participate. Give the participants certain parameters (ex. make only chocolate chip cookies or only cupcakes) and have them compete to create the best product. Once participants have made their treats, host a bake sale with taste testing, where customers can taste the products and buy the one item they like best!
Set the price at a certain rate for a specific number of treats and set out a suggested donation amount that is slightly higher than the price of treats. This way, you can drive some extra donations from those who are willing to donate to your cause, while also gaining some sweet treats!
Create a Facebook event to share, and table on campus or at your local coffee shop, with information about you 4K journey – so customers know what the contribution benefits!